The quality of your social media content will be a decisive factor in generating leads. It should be educational or problem-solving in nature, and encompass engaging formats such as interactive, video, or infographics. The goal is to establish a two-way dialog with the recipient. Check out these guidelines for creating social media content that drives leads.
- Content must be brief and not fall into the TLDR (too long didn’t read) syndrome. Summarize it first for 20-second reader review.
- Video is by far the leading choice of content platforms for reach and engagement.
- LinkedIn research has found that B2B brands connecting with buyers on an emotional level achieve twice the impact versus those selling business or functional value.
- When sending an invitation to a LinkedIn member, they will immediately visit your company and personal profile pages. Make sure these add value for the visitor.
- Don’t employ over-used phrases such as “let’s talk” and “hire us.”
- Ask for people’s opinions and feelings to get voice of customer (VOC) data.
Choosing the Best Channels
With the multitude of social media channels available to B2B marketers, selecting the best routes to your audience can be a challenging task. Recent studies provide some insight into social media usage and effectiveness.
• 96% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for content marketing.1
• 96% of Fortune 500 companies use X (formerly Twitter).2
• 90% of Fortune 500 companies have a YouTube account.2
Based on our experience, LinkedIn and YouTube are the best social media channels for B2B and life science marketers.
In our next post, we’ll explore the metrics marketers can employ to evaluate the success of their social media lead generation efforts.
TW has a new eGuide on social media lead generation that is a must-read for marketers. It’s called, How Best-Practice Social Media Enhances Revenue Generation: It’s Not Just About Brand Building Anymore. To receive your copy, click here.
1 2021 B2B Content Marketing: What Now? Content Marketing Institute, September 2021
2 B2B Marketing Stats 2022: Spend, Market Size, Growth Rate, Serpwatch