As marketers enter the second quarter, some interesting marketing trends are emerging at B2B and life science companies. Two recent studies point out that it’s not business as usual in a pre-recessionary environment. The pressure to improve marketing performance continues to rise with 56% of those surveyed saying it has increased significantly or moderately. Compare the trends your team are experiencing with the ones reported in this research.
- About half of the marketing leaders said limited budgets and resources represent the major challenge to meeting their goals. Generating content and collecting data to support programs were also cited.
- Fifty percent of the participants reported increasing their budgets for marketing automation in 2023. However, four out of every five executives say that they are using less than half of their existing marketing technology’s (martech) capabilities. Top complaints about martech were “too expensive” and “too complex.”
- Marketing leaders seem to generally lack confidence in the marketing data being collected at their organizations.
- Most survey participants were most focused on content creation and adopting marketing technology.
- New tactics seeing increased use in this year’s marketing mix include online events, podcasts and videos; real-time marketing; and predictive data and analytics.
- Only 40% of the respondents are employing artificial intelligence for marketing. Where used, it’s being implemented in customer service/support and ad targeting and analysis.
For a copy of the research, contact Rick Whitmyre at email@example.com.
Digital Marketing Trends 2023 Conducted by Ascend2 and Research Partners Published April 2023
Multiple Ascend2 Reports, 2023