A few years ago, webinars were primarily used for education and top-of-funnel lead generation tactics. But today, webinars have grown to become a key content delivery system in the revenue generation process. In addition to lead acquisition, webinars are being used to nurture prospects through each stage of the buyer’s journey.
A recent study by ON24, a leading webinar provider, contributes valuable insights into how to make your webinars more effective.
- Time your promotional e-mail campaigns to begin at least 15 days before your event.
- The days that generate the most registrations are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- The days that will produce the highest webinar attendance are Wednesday and Thursday with 2 p.m. EST/11 a.m. PST the best time of day.
- If 35% to 45% of your registrants attend the webinar, that’s a strong registration-to-attendee conversion rate.
- The average viewing time for a 1-hour live webinar is 56 minutes.
- Almost 20% of attendees will download content.
- On-demand viewing is steadily increasing. More than 40% of those registering for a live webinar view it in on-demand mode and spend an average 29 minutes watching the content.
Tiziani Whitmyre has found webinars to be highly valuable content elements in our clients’ demand creation programs. They are highly attended and create a relationship with the prospect that accelerates velocity through the buying process.
Source: Webinar Benchmarks Report – ©2015 On24, Inc.